Top 10: Our favourite eco-friendly brands
With the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow, everybody is talking about how we can all play our part in protecting our planet.
We’ve collected some of our favourite brands with the environment at the heart of offering.
1. Smol Fed-up with single-use plastic and eco-cleaning brands that don’t cut the mustard? Smol uses refillable, returnable and recyclable packs to save plastic, chemicals and carbon. Plus, it’s award-winning products keep clothes, dishes and homes brilliantly clean. Check out the full Smol range here.
2. Fairphone Fairphone aims to make the electronics industry fairer and more sustainable, by changing things from the inside out. Every phone is electronic-waste neutral and guaranteed for 5 years – making them the perfect alternative to big brands. Find out more about Fairphone here.
3. Patagonia Clothing production has one of the biggest carbon footprints in the world, and disposable fashion is pushing us closer to climate crisis. At Patagonia, their clothing is designed to last, not be replaced. What’s more 1% of their sales is pledged to the preservation and restoration of the natural environment. Learn more about the brand here.
4. Grind Founded in Shoreditch, Grind sells coffee that’s sourced from across the world at better-than-Fairtrade prices, and the range, and all its packaging is compostable or recyclable. They also sell the UK’s very first completely compostable coffee pods made entirely from bio-plastic. Start drinking today.
5. Toast Brewed with surplus bread instead of virgin barley, Toast produces beer using less land, water and energy. Their tasty beers are starting conversations about positive action for the planet. Plus, they give all their profits to charity, not to shareholders. Want to try it out? See more here.
6. Toms As a Certified B Corporation, Toms meets the highest standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability. They are dedicated to reinvesting a 1/3 of their profits into grassroots good - promoting mental health, increasing access to opportunity, and in the US, ending gun violence. Choose a new pair of Toms here.
7. Method Method’s future-friendly cleaning products are designed to smell like sunshine and work like magic. Made from plant-based, biodegradable ingredients, and packaged in a bottle made from 100% recycled plastic. Explore the range here.
8. Wild Wild is a new, sustainable natural deodorant that’s delivered straight to your door. Powered by nature – not chemicals – it’s aluminium-free, and comes with compostable, plastic-free refills. Try it out for yourself now.
9. Lush Soaps, shampoo and cosmetics, Lush is well known for its amazing-smelling shops and ethical stance. Environmental issues are at the heart of the company – they keep on top of legislation and support environmental groups that take part in action to help change laws. Learn more and explore the range here.
10. Oddbox Oddbox offers flexible fruit and veg subscriptions. But the difference is, they rescue the fruit and veg that may not make it to supermarket – from wonky carrots to curvy cucumbers – nothing goes to waste. Start your box here.
So, as you can see, there are loads of great ways you can do your bit for the planet just by choosing more sustainable brands.
- SMARTY Team
- November 12th, 2021