iPhone 15 battery life: how does it compare?

Battery life is a crucial factor to consider when choosing a smartphone. After all, what good is a cutting-edge device if it can't keep up with your busy lifestyle? If you're in the market for a new device from the iPhone 15 range, you might be wondering how its battery life compares to previous models. In this article, we'll dive into the details and reveal everything you need to know about the battery life of the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max.

Over the years, Apple has significantly improved the battery life of its iPhones. The iPhone 15 range continues this trend, offering even better performance and efficiency. Let's take a closer look at the battery life of the different models in the iPhone 15 line up:

iPhone 15 Plus - Unmatched endurance

The iPhone 15 Plus takes the crown when it comes to battery life. With a massive 4,383mAh battery, it can last up to an impressive 13 hours and 19 minutes on a single charge. If you're a heavy user or someone who relies on their phone throughout the day, the iPhone 15 Plus is a game-changer that could save you the hassle of lugging around chargers and power banks.

iPhone 15 Pro Max - Power that lasts

The iPhone 15 Pro Max is another battery powerhouse. It has a slightly bigger 4,422mAh battery which delivers an impressive battery life of 11 hours and 41 minutes. This device is perfect for those who want the titanium design, faster performance, customisable action button, and advanced camera capabilities, without compromising on battery life.

iPhone 15 Pro – A compact powerhouse

The iPhone 15 Pro features a 3,274mAh battery, which offers a commendable battery life of 9 hours and 20 minutes. If you don’t need 11 hours+ of battery life and prefer a more compact device with all the advanced features, the iPhone 15 Pro is a great option.

iPhone 15 - Reliable companion

The standard iPhone 15 packs a 3,349mAh battery, which may seem smaller compared to its siblings. However, it still manages to deliver a decent battery life of 9 hours and 57 minutes. This model is perfect for those who want a powerful device without breaking the bank.

Check out our blog on best iPhone battery life ranked (updated for 2023) to see if it’s worth the upgrade or switch to the iPhone 15 range.

How to improve your iPhone 15 battery life

Now that you know which iPhone 15 model offers the best battery life, here are practical tips to help you get the most out of your phone:

1. Monitor battery usage

Keep an eye on your iPhone 15's battery usage to identify any apps or processes that consume excessive power. Go to Settings > Battery, where you'll find a breakdown of your battery usage by app. If you notice any apps that are using a significant amount of battery, consider closing them or adjusting their settings.

Want more advice on how to make your iPhone battery last? Here are 17 Easy Ways to Save Battery Life on Your iPhone.

2. Optimised battery charging

Optimised battery charging helps your iPhone learn your daily charging routine, which can help to slow down the battery aging process. By analysing your charging patterns, your iPhone 15 ensures it only charges to 80% and completes the remaining 20% shortly before you typically use it, reducing stress on the battery and maximizing its lifespan.

Find out more about Optimised Battery Charging in this blog, including charging advice for Android devices.

Share the power of knowledge

We hope this article has given you a useful lowdown on the battery life of the iPhone 15 line up and advice on how to save power. For more tips and tricks, head over to the SMARTY community, a dedicated forum to discuss all things technology. Ask questions, find answers, share knowledge, and connect with the SMARTY community.

Note: The battery life mentioned in this article is based on the tests conducted by MrWhoseTheBoss. Results may vary depending on individual usage patterns and settings.

  • SMARTY Team
  • September 22nd, 2023